Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hopscotch Top - Oliver + S

 When we found out that Jess and Uber's second was going to be a girl I decided it was about time to try the  Hopscotch Top by Oliver + S. I'd been looking at tops others have made for quite awhile, you'll find tons of inspiration if you go to that link. I was using my serger for the first time and didn't want to ruin the fabric Jess bought so I started with a soft old t-shirt of mine that had holes in it. I was able to avoid the holes and get a  6 months size. There were a few learning issues between me and the serger, so I'm glad I made that decision. The pattern is easy to follow and I was really happy with the way it turned out. Since it was my first try, with fabric I am not sure that will last too long, I decided to leave the hems with just a serged finish.
I picked out some fabric on Fabric.com and Jess ordered a yard which ended up being almost a yard and a quarter.  
I was able to get three dresses from 6 - 24 months.
If Jess decides she would rather them be tops, I can shorten them.
I simply love this pattern and can see making many more..... maybe I already have......




10 comments:

  1. So cute,I should make more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, that's one of my favorites! I just recently tried to run knit through my serger and it did weird things...I need to practice. I love the little grey one the best because it was your shirt. I should try that with an old t.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I like that pattern and the fabric is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to start with one of your tops. I think it turned out very cute, and I love the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute. She will look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dress - and what a clever idea to do it in different sizes !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pattern. And great idea to use an old tee shirt first off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little outfits are adorable Corinnea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work and an adorable pattern. I am a big Oliver + S fan, but haven't made anything just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. febric of any type and laces are available online with reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!